This is riduclous

Kevscar1 10:04 13 Apr 2012

June went over the surgery yesteday to make me an appointment, came back and the earlist they can see me is 5th may. She's had to go back this morning and get me an emergency one.

HondaMan 11:25 13 Apr 2012

I would get on to your PCT and report this one. That is bl**dy ridiculous, what do they expect, thast you make an appointment before becoming ill!

birdface 11:31 13 Apr 2012

It is just a pathetic system that Doctors and Surgeries use now.Usually I have to wait about a fortnight to see my own doctor.

While waiting to see my doctor I was speaking to a friend who had an emergancy appointment that day to see my doctor and I cannot even get an appointment to see him.

And those are the exact same people that the prime Minister wants to run the Hospital HHS service.

I don't think they get this type of service north of the border but it would be interesting to hear if they have a better service or not.

What I can gather is that they have a far better service than we do.

Kevscar1 11:40 13 Apr 2012

You have to laugh or you'd cry. last year I saw my doctor 2 weeks before my sicknote was due to run out he did a new one which I sent off. DWP returned it and said you cannot send in a predated one as you might be better by then. Despite explaining that there is no cure and no chance of one they wouldn't accept it and I had to get an appointment for the day before and have him date it from the following day.

Aitchbee 12:42 13 Apr 2012

buteman - 2 days ago, my sister had an adverse 'serious' reaction to a cough mixture which she bought to relieviate a chesty cough...it brought on a migraine and bouts of vomiting.

My other sister phoned up for a doctor to come out to see her, yesterday morning and the doctor came out 2 hours later.

I got her prescription (for 3 items - an anti-sickness tablet,an antibiotic for her cough, and a painkiller for her headache),yesterday.

Today she's on the mend, thankfully.

We all live in Glasgow (southside)

lotvic 12:44 13 Apr 2012

I rang up yesterday to make appt. The earliest I could get with my Dr was May 15th. I booked it. I might be better (or worse) by then but I figure I also might have something else wrong with me in a month's time. In the mean time I booked to see the nurse, that's on May 1st.... Still there's always the A&E 40 miles away in next town. We've only got a minor injuries unit here.

Pine Man 12:50 13 Apr 2012

They are not all bad

I live on the south coast and can book appointments on line with my surgery. As long as you don't mind which doctor you see you can sometimes get an appointment the same day but nearly always the following day. They are happy to ring you at home to carry out a consultation if appropriate and all repeat prescriptions can be ordered on line.

It can be done if there is a will!

birdface 14:56 13 Apr 2012

Pine Man

[It can be done if there is a will!]

I am leaving no doctor in my Will when I go.

Nontek 17:12 13 Apr 2012

Like Pine Man, I also live on the South Coast (any closer to the Coast and I would have to wear wellies), my GPs surgery has a 'walk-in' day each week, usually Tuesdays', no appointment needed.

If appointments are required, usually get one within a day or three!

lotvic 17:55 13 Apr 2012

I think I'll move house. Regarding appts, at my surgery if you are already seeing one Dr you have to see that same one again for repeats. Can see a different one if it is a different ailment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone