Retirement Ideas?

crosstrainer 15:20 16 Jul 2008

After much soul searching, and (to be perfectly honest) medical advice. The "R" word appears to be looming it's head.

So... I started thinking seriously about what I would do if I do go down that route. Hobbies..Hmm, I like bowling (green and indoor) but would not want to do it seven day's a week. My life (for better or for worse) has alway's been technology based.

I am fortunate, as I can afford to retire but wonder what on earth I would do? Any suggestions (of a sensible nature) will be gratefully received!

iqs 15:24 16 Jul 2008

My neighbour retired a few years ago,bought a caravan and toured England...

interzone55 15:30 16 Jul 2008

How about writing your memoirs - if Charlotte Church can manage a second volume of her autobiography when she's only 22 - I'm sure most of us could manage a slim volume of interesting stuff.

click here

Cymro. 15:35 16 Jul 2008

The one rule I made for myself when I stopped working was never to switch the telly on during the day, the damn thing was on much too often as it was.

As you are in to computing I dare say that you will find enough to occupy you for some time on the Internet. Why not build you`r own state of the art computer.

recap 15:37 16 Jul 2008

How about doing some volunteer work for a local charity, become a member and go on to be a board member it can be very rewarding.

sunny staines 16:07 16 Jul 2008

spend more time on the pca forum

dagbladet 16:08 16 Jul 2008

If you're after volunteer type work, why not help out at one of these 'silver surfers' clubs they have in libraries and suchlike?

Pamy 16:15 16 Jul 2008

crosstrainer, you do not mention a wife or partner.

crosstrainer 16:20 16 Jul 2008

Been doing that for years :))

crosstrainer 16:22 16 Jul 2008

Yes, and a very rewarding occupation. I can revamp my physio skills... Good thought.

crosstrainer 16:24 16 Jul 2008

And there is the root of the problem (if it is one) Mrs crosstrainer died at the age of 45. Have been alone ever since. I don't think online dating is really my thing though.....I do have 2 dog's though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie