Restored a little bit of faith......

Dizzy Bob 20:09 21 Jan 2007

Yesterday at work (big shop, busy saturday) a gentleman aged about 18 and looking a bit 'chavvy' (for want of a better word) approached me (Manager)and said....

"I found this on the floor, can i give it to you in case someone comes back for it"

And then handed me two £50 notes.

Just a little bit of faith restored.

DB

lisa02 20:26 21 Jan 2007

Lovely, what happens if they do not come back?

Dizzy Bob 20:36 21 Jan 2007

Took finders name and contact details, will wait a reaonable time and then he can have it.

DB

lisa02 20:40 21 Jan 2007

I'm amazed that it was handed in.

microcoder 20:42 21 Jan 2007

Without causing any loss of faith Dizzy Bob,there is a chance that he was a Secret Shopper hired by the management.

At present many retail outlets,pubs and restaurants are using the services of Secret Shopper Agencies.

Dizzy Bob 20:49 21 Jan 2007

We use Gapbuster (click here) as our mystery shoppers, (and i already have the result from this week!!)

I am pretty sure not as he had just picked up his PC from a repair.

DB

freaky 20:55 21 Jan 2007

He was probably an honest person....and believe it or not there are a lot of them about.

microcoder 20:55 21 Jan 2007

Ok Dizzy Bob.

Then,you don't think that he was a student based at RADA doing a bit of method Dustin?

Bob The Nob© 21:25 21 Jan 2007

As a teenager myself, i feel very upset when people struggle on with something because they dont want help from someone my age all because there are a select few teenagers that the media show as the general teenager (if that makes sense)

Everybody and anybody can be a kind and helpful person, dont judge a book by its cover!

Bingalau 21:52 21 Jan 2007

I'm a grumpy old Git. But I know a few teenagers who would put some of us in the shade with their honesty. Every person on this earth is different "Thank God" I happen to think most of us are honest and that includes teenagers. I hope he ends up with the cash. He will also have a clear conscience. ..Bingalau..

Bingalau 21:55 21 Jan 2007

I meant to add "at times"" after the grumpy old git bit. My teenage grand children think I am Mr. Wonderful, but I know I can be grumpy. It comes with experience. ..Bingalau..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?