Request for the Forum Editor and....

ajm 23:46 09 Jan 2006

...the people who maintain this website:

Is there a way that threads/postings can be saved/tagged so that it can be referred back to a later stage. there are some superb advice/gems that coudl come handy in the future for some of us here.

Forum Editor 23:51 09 Jan 2006

The answer is 'no' but........ why don't you do what some other forum members do, and start a spreadsheet?

In one column you can paste the thread urls, and in others you can put the subject, the date, and even the forum name of the person who posted the thread.

You can sort the data in different ways, so that there's an easy reference later.

jack 09:02 10 Jan 2006

So thats how some of our best buddies do it!
A spreadsheet indeed !

It fair makes me brain boogle to contemplate.

p;3 12:09 10 Jan 2006

which has given ME another idea to try out, now that the forum is in its present "visible threads" state; and nowt really to do with spreadsheets (way over my head):)

Chegs ®™ 12:49 10 Jan 2006

I can't fathom out spreadsheets either,so I copy/paste the threads content into Word/Notepad and save them that way.

Totally-braindead 12:52 10 Jan 2006

You know I've never thought about trying either of these things, I'll think about it and maybe give it a go later, once I work out how to do it of course.

ade.h 23:00 10 Jan 2006

TIP - Make the URLs hyperlinked by pasting them into a Word doc. Makes it easier to go straight to the thread that you want. You can even just have that plus a short description of why you want to save it, and then you don't need a spreadsheet app.

ade.h 23:01 10 Jan 2006

TIP 2 - Just thought of this: if you use Firefox, the bookmarks have a box for info that appears when you create one. Bookmark the threads into their own sub-folder and add a description.

Will Head 14:14 12 Jan 2006

You could always use del.icio.us to store them:

click here

It basically allows you to quickly save and tag bookmarks. If you tagged them all with 'pcadvisor' then you'd be able to quickly see a list of all your saved topics.

I've tagged this page on my account as an example:

click here

If you want more info on del.icio.us, I wrote about it in my Internet Advisor column in the September 05 issue of PC Advisor.

Will

Deputy Editor, PC Advisor

ajm 20:15 13 Jan 2006

del.icio.us was what I was lookking for. Initally was difficult to use, however its brilliant once you know the simple aspects of the tagging system.

Thanks a lot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires