Remove paint from the car

AndroidJunkie 19:34 17 Feb 2011

Hi

Unfortunately pulling into my own driveway I clipped the side of my wife's car, there's no substantial damage however some of the paint has transferred over onto my car.

What would the best way be to hide as much of the damage as possible?

I have read online that simply cleaning and polishing the area can help which I will try on Saturday, but does anyone else have an tips?

any help much appreciated

bremner 19:40 17 Feb 2011

Try T-Cut click here

OTT_B 19:44 17 Feb 2011

If it's only on the surface then wash it and work at it with a sponge (or your finger nail), then T-Cut as bremner has suggested. Remember to wax afterwards.

morddwyd 20:39 17 Feb 2011

Or a gentle metal polish such as Brasso.

uk-wizard 20:48 17 Feb 2011

Sound like you might have to plead the fifth amendment!
Any of the car cleaners that have a mild abrasive in them like Autobright should do, followed by a coloured wax polish if you have one. Unfortunately you might have to clean the rest of the car as well.

AndroidJunkie 21:00 17 Feb 2011

Thanks so much for all your help, I will give the car a clean to get a proper idea of damage then stop by halfords and have a look for some t-cut or autobright and pick up some polish, its a white car (just my luck) any particular polish that would be best?

AndroidJunkie 15:00 19 Feb 2011

I bought some T-cut at halfords and it worked brilliantly, the mark is nearly invisible thanks for all your help again.

canarieslover 15:09 19 Feb 2011

Dare we ask? How is the wife's car????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?