The Register

interzone55 21:27 11 Jul 2007

How many people here read the Register (click here)?

It has to be the best IT news site around, but some of the stories there are really funny.

I ask because two threads here today relate to stories I saw on the Regsiter this morning

Up Up & Away and the iPhone blender threads

Si_L 21:48 11 Jul 2007

Looks like a good site, despite the flashing banner on the front which had me for a second ;)

Stuartli 21:49 11 Jul 2007

It's an excellent website, has been for a long time and has first class contributors.

Forum Editor 22:40 11 Jul 2007

Not by a long chalk. In fact it doesn't make the top 10 as far as I'm concerned.

click here for the best there is.

click here for one that gives it a run for its money

click here for the best business IT news site

interzone55 08:54 12 Jul 2007

I've always found ZDNET to be terribly dry, The Register appeals to my sense of humour.

If not tried CNet before, I'll have a read now before I start work.

I'm having trouble getting Techweb to open, I don't like these sites that make you look at an advert before the site opens. I hope that PCA never resorts to those sorts of ads.

I first started reading The Regsister when I worked at Time, as it carried plenty of stories about what was going on in the organisation. After a fortnight IT blocked the site so we couldn't read it at work.

simonjary 12:11 12 Jul 2007

What about PC Advisor??!

anskyber 12:23 12 Jul 2007

Oh OK....this ones quite good too. (!)click here

alan14 I look at The Register once a week or thereabouts. The humour is amusing, a different slant if you like. At times I have wondered whether the subjects or the content have been compromised in a small way by the need for humour.

sunny staines 17:14 12 Jul 2007

I read the register email every day like, but not the best.

Forum Editor 18:48 12 Jul 2007

I took it as read that everyone uses PC Advisor as one of their prime sources of IT news! It goes without saying, doesn't it?

TopCat® 21:52 12 Jul 2007

I like the Register and read it most days. TC.

DieSse 22:09 12 Jul 2007

click here

for headlines and links to just about any and all tech news going.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?