Reggie Perrin

Dragon_Heart 23:06 14 Oct 2010

The 2nd series of the redone The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin staring Martin Clunes started tonight.

I enjoyed the first series especially some of the 'flashbacks' to the old version e.g. walking past the entrance of Sunshine Desserts.

A word for word remake of the Leonard Rossiter would not have worked but I felt this did.

Strawballs 01:46 15 Oct 2010

The main thing I remember about the original series is the Hippo everytime he thought of the mother in law

jakimo 02:08 15 Oct 2010

'A word for word remake of the Leonard Rossiter would not have worked but I felt this did.'

Why a remake when the original was,well,original

Quickbeam 07:39 15 Oct 2010

I tried hard with first series, towards the end I was warming to it, but I've not bothered about this series. I think the attraction of the original was the surreal ridiculousness that just can't be replicated to suit now. It was something that just took off at the time.

finerty 00:01 16 Oct 2010

Good grief man are they still showing this old fashioned comedy, its been a while a very long time

Dragon_Heart 01:08 17 Oct 2010

Cus it was so well written !

spuds 12:45 17 Oct 2010

When are they going to do a remake of Dad's Army, or are we not allowed to say that since joining the EU?.

Then of cause we had Faulty Towers. The same might apply?.

Bingalau 19:58 17 Oct 2010

spuds.
I watched "Joe Maddison's War" last night, I thoroughly enjoyed it and of course the theme of the LDV later the Home Guard running through it was brilliantly done. Maybe a little far fetched at times but Good entertainment. I even joined in singing the songs with the lads when they were marching and riding in the back of the truck. Amazing how the words come back.

Bingalau 21:16 17 Oct 2010

Oh I forgot to mention it was a program I had recorded earlier.. probably two or three weeks ago.

Dragon_Heart 21:28 17 Oct 2010

... or at least a 'final' ending to it say in 1955 ?

A remake of Faulty Towers with BF insulting the Germans ?

Miké 21:34 17 Oct 2010

I didn't get where I am today without realising that Martin Clunes is an ok actor, but not a patch on Leonard Rossiter in the original series!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?