Recommend a social-networking site

David Price 15:51 11 Oct 2010

We recently ran a poll to find the most popular social network (click here), and Facebook was the run-away winner.

Well, now we want to hear about the less famous social networks. Tell us about a fantastic social-networking site - and explain why it's so good - and you'll be in the running for a place of honour in PC Advisor's Readers Sites section.

So to sum up:

Tell us about a brilliant social networking site. (That isn't Facebook.)

Tell us why it's so good.

Get your name in the magazine.

Finally, huge thanks to everyone who recommended a web radio site service last month - particularly multiple Readers' Sites champ mr simon, who earned top spot, and a prize, for his recommendation of Last FM. Well done mr simon.

David Price
PCA

Bingalau 16:16 11 Oct 2010

I don't think Facebook is brilliant at all. So any others must be completely rubbish.

Quickbeam 16:21 11 Oct 2010

The only site I use for social interaction is the pub. They have real people in there y'know...

mr simon 16:38 11 Oct 2010

Twitter is a good one if you occasionally want an update on something/someone without having to sign up to anything.

ella33 21:06 11 Oct 2010

I still like My Space because it is a good way of finding music that I wouldn't have listened to and the guys talk to you and it is equally possible to have friends and then email people from other countries.

Sadly facebook has taken over, so the artists are less varied now

babybell 09:05 12 Oct 2010

I don't know if this counts towards what your after, but it is a form of social networking.

click here is a company that provides free websites for sports clubs in numerous different sports, rugby, football, cricket etc etc.

Whilst providing a site for every sports club, it also has a social networking background where you can become friends with other club members or friends from other clubs if you so wish, as well as sharing photos, messages, emails, and videos.

It has been described as a mix between Facebook, My Space and You Tube.

It also teams to communicate with its members easily and also allows different clubs to communicate as well

It is a relatively new concept but already I believe a staggering 35% of all the rugby clubs in the UK use it as there clubs website.

This is our site click here

theredrocket 09:29 13 Oct 2010

Facebook is getting really bad with privacy and it's a matter of time before something replaces it.

But there are lots of minor social networks out there fulfilling niche needs right now.

My pick of the bunch is Meetup.com, which is used by people to set up social gatherings and business networking events. You'll find everything on there, from photography groups to running clubs. And it's all free and has a load of social networking functionality built in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?