Recent PCA site problems

simonjary 10:01 05 Sep 2014

Hi.

As you will no doubt be aware (!) PCA has had some major performance problems over the past 24 hours.

We have everyone possible trying to find the cause but we would like to apologise for the downtime. We have had people investigating throughout the night.

Thanks for your patience!

Simon

Publisher, PC Advisor

Woolwell 10:18 05 Sep 2014

Pleased that it is back working and appreciate the work that must have taken place but this seems to happen far too often.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:18 05 Sep 2014

Very slow logging in

but now in pages are opening and closing quickly.

Best of luck finding the problems.

Secret-Squirrel 10:46 05 Sep 2014

Hi Simon

There is something you guys can do and that's to edit this all-too familiar error message. Note that it's suggested that the user should "click your browser's refresh button to try again". However that simply reloads the same error page and the user will never get to a proper PCA webpage.

morddwyd 11:02 05 Sep 2014

Don't know about yours, but on my computer that message is generated internal when it can't contact the server.

If it's a broadband problem, as it all too often is with BT, reloading will sometimes work.

Secret-Squirrel 12:04 05 Sep 2014

"....but on my computer that message is generated internal"

If you mean "internally", then no, that "Sorry....." error page comes from PC Advisor - look at the URL. Clicking the Refresh button in your browser will always reload that same error page.

simonjary 12:26 05 Sep 2014

Secret-Squirrel,

Thanks. That's a good point. We have now amended that advice.

Flak999 16:50 05 Sep 2014

At least something is being done, it has been dire for the last couple of days. However it's fairly flying along for me at the moment!

john bunyan 19:19 05 Sep 2014

So slow again. Sorry Brumas but I doubt if your puzzle will be viable for me tonight at 2100.

john bunyan 19:23 05 Sep 2014

So slow again. Sorry Brumas but I doubt if your puzzle will be viable for me tonight at 2100.

Brumas 19:54 05 Sep 2014

john bunyan having a little trouble myself but I shall Keep Calm and Carry on ;o}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?