Rain & RAIN

Belatucadrus 23:33 19 Jun 2007
Answered

Well there's rain and there's RAIN and that was RAIN, we had what could generously be described as a babbling brook running through a culvert under our drive, usually about a foot wide and ten inches deep. Currently about five foot deep and forty foot wide ripping out fences and cutting us off from the rest of civilisation. I suspect that some on lower lying areas are due a very unpleasant day.

Spark6 23:45 19 Jun 2007

You appear to have experienced the downpour we had just after 6.0 this evening. Ours was accompanied by a fair old thunderstorm and we were left surrounded by a mini lake. The gutters on my house and garage were not able to cope, believe me, that is unusual.

Never mind, there's only just over 24 hours to the longest day, mid-summer?

johndrew 09:45 20 Jun 2007

And to think we were all warned to buy our camels whilst they were cheap as Britain was becoming a desert ;-))

Cymro. 10:39 20 Jun 2007

I wonder if any of you above are likely to have a hosepipe ban this Summer?

Belatucadrus 11:16 20 Jun 2007

Just spent a fun few hours shovelling mud, ain't global warming super.

Stuartli 19:41 20 Jun 2007

We had just a bit of rain around midnight....:-)

In fact we haven't had all that much at all this year as bad weather tends to pass over my coastal town - from around five miles inland, however, it's a different story.

Bingalau 20:55 20 Jun 2007

Stuartli. Same here in Formby last night only about an hour of rain but plenty of Donner und Blitzen. I pulled my plugs out and went to bed.

Bingalau 20:56 20 Jun 2007

It's been gorgeous today, my only worry is how quick the grass is growing.

Spark6 20:58 20 Jun 2007

The first two photographs indicate the amount we had in N. Somerset click here

The hosepipe's been put away Cymro!

Stuartli 22:04 20 Jun 2007

It's usually raining in Formby and stops by the time you reach the end of RAF Woodvale.

It must be a most depressing experience to suffer the type of flooding many parts of the country have had in recent days and many months to get properties back to normal.

Totally-braindead 22:56 20 Jun 2007

It could be worse it could be snow. And regarding the hosepipe ban I'm sure there will still be one, last year someone queried about it and was told yes there had been a lot of rain but it had fallen in the wrong place. Good that isn't it, in order for us to have enough water its not only got to rain but rain in a particular place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone