Is the rain dampening everybodys spirits?

Si_L 15:48 20 Jul 2007

I can't help but notice a lot of glumness and gloominess around the PCA websites. People rarely have anything positive to say any more, the glass is half empty.

For example, the home page is "20 worst things about Windows", and before that it was "List of the worst products..." etc.....

What's going on? Where's the happiness?

Stuartli 16:05 20 Jul 2007

Well, to be honest, I hadn't noticed a lot of glum and gloom before you posted this thread.

Now I feel thoroughly miserable...:-)

Confab 16:06 20 Jul 2007

It’s Friday afternoon and its just gone 4 O’clock and I for one shall be bolting out of the office dead on 5.01. It’s been a really hectic week. Mrs Confab has taken delivery of a new wireless router and a laptop for me this morning and the vino is chillin’ in the fridge. I’m not even the slightest bit gloomy.

crosstrainer 16:07 20 Jul 2007

And the fact is, we all feel worse when the weather is this bad, and we don't get our usual dose of sun.

Here in Cardiff it's like midnight all day long, such a contrast from this time last year.

I don't think the editors of the mag have caught the bug to that extent 'though, it's just the way the stories break.

Pine Man 16:16 20 Jul 2007

South Coast - the clouds have just broken and the sun's coming out!!

Strawballs 16:17 20 Jul 2007

Might be wise to get the Router and laptop sorted before hitting the vino!!!!:-)

pj123 16:22 20 Jul 2007

It's awful in Norwich. Raining, cold, dark, miserable.

I don't know about Global Warming, I think it should be Global Colding.

I have just switched my Central Heating on, and a month or so ago I bought an Air Conditioning Unit. Not had a chance to use it yet. Did I waste my money?

crosstrainer 16:24 20 Jul 2007

Last weekend, and they were giving away aircon and fan systems! Not cold in Cardiff, just wet, dark and sticky.

Roll on winter, it'll soon be time for christmas! :)

pj123 16:37 20 Jul 2007

crosstrainer

"Roll on winter, it'll soon be time for christmas"

Agree, and if the months carry on like this I reckon we'll be enjoying Christmas like the Australians do. Brilliant sunshine and very hot!

Forum Editor 16:42 20 Jul 2007

from Richmond to North London this afternoon in the heaviest rain I have ever experienced in the UK. Twice on the North Circular road the traffic was reduced to a crawl, simply because the rain was so heavy that wipers couldn't clear the windscreen fast enough. That was all to the accompaniment of vivid lightning and thunderclaps - it was as though the end of the world had come.

Never mind, it's Friday.

Kate B 16:51 20 Jul 2007

There was a monsoon in west London this morning. The guys building the deck in my garden were not happy. Half the Tube seems to be under water, too, which makes me glad I've been working at home today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone