Radio 2 breakfast show.

Cymro. 15:28 11 Jan 2010

click here

Rather surprised that this one has not made it to the forum yet. Terry Wogan must be a hard act to follow so do you think that Chris Evans will make a success of it?

OTT_Buzzard 15:37 11 Jan 2010

I never regularly listened to Terry Wogan - I found his tones a little too dolcit in the mornings. Not a good way to try and wake up :)

Chris Evans when he was on the Radio 1 breakfast was a disaster. The most unfunny radio show that has ever existed, however, his drive time show on Radio 2 showed that he has matured very significantly in the last few years. I think he can do it and might well tune in sometime this week.

Quickbeam 15:59 11 Jan 2010

He'll be allright once the TOGs realise that Terry really has gone. The Radio 2 morning slot needed modernising for a while.

Sara Kennedy should be next... replaced by someone that doesn't twitter on about cats all morning.

Cymro. 16:09 11 Jan 2010

Yes indeed I agree completely. I don`t know how old she is but she still seems to be living in the 1950s and the days of the good old British Empire.

Hercule Marple 16:26 11 Jan 2010

At least Sarah kennedy has some character, even if she can be a bit erratic. Ken Bruce is the non-entity, lol.

cocteau48 16:27 11 Jan 2010

A leopard ain't going to change its spots and from what I heard this morning the same can be said of Chris Evans.
If you liked his Drive Time show then the chances are that you will like his Breakfast show but I do think that if you were a fan of Tel's somewhat warm and cuddly presentation then you are going to take a lot of convincing that Chris Evans is a suitable replacement.

As for Sarah Kennedy - the least said the better!
How anyone can commit the number of on air gaffs which she has and still retain her job is beyond me.

johndrew 16:29 11 Jan 2010

This TOG already knows Terry has gone, Quickbeam. I listened to about half an hour of the new show from 0730 today and will be searching for a better presenter/program from now. He hasn`t changed and is far too abrasive for this slot in my opinion.

Sarah K defeats me; far too early!!!

folsom 16:35 11 Jan 2010

Agree with johndrew, Evans just is not the man to fill this slot, i also listened for 30mins and found him to be the same old Evans that cocked up on radio 1. Sorry, but not for me, now tuned in to local radio

Forum Editor 18:11 11 Jan 2010

as I drove to a meeting, and I was pleased with what I heard. I could never stand Terry Wogan, so Chris was away to a flying start with me anyway.

I agree that including Moira Stewart was a master stroke, and I like the 'talking to children' bit.

Chris was obviously nervous, and that affected his style somewhat, but he'll relax once he has a few weeks under his belt. I think he's going to make a success of this, and personally I hope he does.

Pine Man 19:21 11 Jan 2010

His voice is too loud, too shrill and too much is coming out of it for my liking at that time of the morning.

Why does he have to keep playing canned applause?

I used to like his 'toothbrush' show on TV many years ago but I guess I have grown up and he hasn't!

Quickbeam 07:18 12 Jan 2010

I listened a bit yesterday, and the show opening today. It's the teatime show that I liked in the morning basically.

But I won't be a regular listener, my morning routine is check the web (to make sure it's working OK), an hour of a book and 30/40 minutes of bass (my new year's resolution). By then the dog informs me (by howling), that I'm not as good as I think I am, so it's walkies, breakfast and then I have to think about earning a crust.

24 hours just isn't enough...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017