QVC channel Vista launch program

Belatucadrus 01:38 30 Jan 2007

Even allowing for the fact that they're sales people, this was the most misleading OTT pile of bull doodoo I've encountered in a long time.
They're suggesting that it's the best thing since sliced bread and everybody with a PC is just fighting for the chance to get it. Not if you check most forums and magazine they aren't.
They also come up with a lovely euphemism "Will make use of the power of your computer" and insinuating that this will improve your PC performance. Too damned right it will, how many of the poor boobs that cough up their £220 will find their machine reduced to a snails pace by Vistas extortionate system requirements, which incidentally nobody had mentioned by the time I lost it and hit the red button. An analogy used was "Like putting a new engine in a car". No the CPU is the engine, dump Vista on it and it'll be like fitting go faster stripes, bull bars, a spoiler and several tonnes of sand in the boot. No way is it going to improve performance.
Now I doubt they've gone as far as false advertising, but in my opinion they seemed to be getting uncomfortably close to it.

If you get the impression they irritated me, your correct but I don't think I've gone too far in expressing my view, no doubt the silver mouse will pounce if FE feels otherwise.

smokingbeagle 04:10 30 Jan 2007

QVC are flogging this in the same spirit as the rest of the tat they sell. Buyer beware.

ed-0 06:52 30 Jan 2007

You stayed up to watch it!! Man!¬!

This program will be repeated at 7am, sky channel 630. make sure you all watchit.0)

Bingalau 08:42 30 Jan 2007

I watched it this morning and afterwards checked on my system as advised to see which version would be suitable. I was told my CA security center would need to be altered before installing the Home Basic version. As I am more than happy with my security center and also with XP I have decided I will stick with what I have got. Like Belatucadrus, I thought they were a little bit too sickly with their sales twaddle. ..Bingalau..

€dstowe 08:56 30 Jan 2007

I remember the launch of Windows 95, 98, ME and XP.

All of these has a spot on several BBC radio and TV programmes as well as ITV, newspapers and other large disseminators of information.

Is Vista's launch reduced to ignominy of nothing better than hick shopping channels?

Totally-braindead 11:42 30 Jan 2007

Belatucadrus I think you summed it up nicely. I have noticed them coming out with the it'll speed things up rubbish more than once when they refer to adding more software. Vista is just another example and I think your description of go faster stripes and adding tonnes of sand in the boot of a car is much more realistic.

spuds 12:09 30 Jan 2007

I have stopped believing in these type of TV shows, after I made two purchases. One was for a top of the range (you never want to be without) Lexmark printer. And the other was for a precious gem ring. Both purchases proved to be failures of one type or another. Give top marks to the presenters though, they sure knew how to provide the spiel/chat.

Jackcoms 14:13 30 Jan 2007

QVC?

Quite Valueless Crap

josie mayhem 14:35 30 Jan 2007

very expensive at that!

wolfie3000 14:51 30 Jan 2007

Just had a look at the live video feed from QVC lol,
I see what you mean about being expensive crap.

click here

The Brigadier 15:34 30 Jan 2007

I think you views and attacks on Microsoft are disgraceful.
Microsoft are a fine company with a long history of providing well priced software and the good part is...............................I use Linux!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?