Quick question

llol_slim 17:05 02 Feb 2007

Does PC Advisor DVD edition come in a plastic wrapper so you cannot flick through the magazine before buying it?
thanks

Pamy 17:15 02 Feb 2007

No

Totally-braindead 17:17 02 Feb 2007

Agree with Pamy, there are some times both CD and DVD versions come in a plastic bag, usually when theres either another free magazine with it or another free disk which is loose inside that bag.

Bapou 17:18 02 Feb 2007

Whether it does or not is immaterial but at least I don't have to take my copy from the back of the display in WHS. Main problem is getting people who use the place as a library to move out of the way.

llol_slim 17:24 02 Feb 2007

thanks, does it this month?
Someone bought mine for me, but its missing the disc, the case is there, I wondered if the person who bought it for me opened the plastic wrapper and took the disc.
He said it didn't come with a plastic wrapper. So it isnt immaterial.
im not a person who uses smiths like a library, i dont understand those people! Stealing ,surely?

oresome 19:10 02 Feb 2007

"Stealing ,surely?"

Using that criteria, there are a lot of thieves about!

Totally-braindead 20:04 02 Feb 2007

It didn't this month but the case as usual is taped on the front of the magazine with sellotape so unless someone took it off and retaped it I can't see how it happened.

pj123 21:30 02 Feb 2007

Mine is on subscription and comes through my letterbox in a plastic bag, and also a good deal cheaper than buying it retail every month.

llol_slim 21:33 02 Feb 2007

"Using that criteria, there are a lot of thieves about!"
um ... yep :) !!
well, i dunno what happened then. i'll have to buy it again.

wee eddie 08:38 03 Feb 2007

You can have mine.

Post me the address you want it sent to, through the yellow envelope, and I'll pop it in the post.

I only have the CD, maybe someone else has a spare copy of the DVD.

If that suits you. Put a couple of quid in the Hospice box when the CD arrives.

RickyC :-) 10:05 03 Feb 2007

Hi llol_slim,
occasionally discs can become detached from the magazines while they're still in the shops. If you contact me via the yellow envelope, I'll be happy to send a replacement DVD to you in the post.

kind regards

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?