a problem shared

MAT ALAN 19:53 04 Dec 2008

read this in the Sun today...

Eighteen months ago i upgraded to girlfriend 1.0 from drinking mates 4.2, which i had used for years without any trouble.
However, there are apparently conflicts with these two products and the only solution was to run girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off.
To make matters worse, girlfriend 1.0 is incompatable with several other applications such as ladsnightout 3.1 Football 4.5 and playboy 6.9. successive versions of girlfriend proved no better.
I tried a shareware prog Slapper 2.1 but it had many bugs and left with a virus in my system forcing me to shut down for a few weeks.
Eventually i tried to run girlfriend 1.2 and 1.0 at the same time. But when these two systems detected each other they caused severe damage to my hardware.
I upgraded to Fiance 1.0 only to discover that this soon had to be updated to Wife 1.0. while Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with cookingplus and cleanhouse 2008.
shortly after this upgrade i found Wife 1.0 unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes i made were stored in wife 1.0s memory and could not be deleted.
Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring Shoeshop Browser for new attachments and hairstyle express.
when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Saab 93 convertable harddrive it often crashes. It comes with an irritating pop-up called mother-in-law.
Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2008, but it tends to delete all of your money before uninstalling itself...

tullie 19:59 04 Dec 2008

The oldies,they say,are allways the best.

bluto1 20:01 04 Dec 2008

He must think he's a saint.

Coffee Adict 11:37 05 Dec 2008

Have come across this one before, but it still made me smile reading it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017