Princes Charity Ride

ulrich 18:12 09 Nov 2008

This seems to have been another mess up as they gave the minimum donation of £3000 but it cost us over £30,000. Another wonderful idea messed up.

Clapton is God 18:15 09 Nov 2008

Haven't these two wasters got proper jobs to go to?

ulrich 18:25 09 Nov 2008

In their Army you do get a lot more opportunities and leave.

Forum Editor 18:32 09 Nov 2008

spent £86,000 on setting up a website, and paid its Director £100,000 yet in 18 months it managed to spend just £84,000 of the £1.1 million it raised on projects.

If I was a prince fronting a charity I would find figures like that quite worrying. I'm sorry, but if it's true that £86,000 was spent on this click here someone, somewhere, needs to have a quiet word in someone's ear. I really find it very hard to see where that kind of money has been spent.

Clapton is God 18:50 09 Nov 2008

"It does seem in their Army you do get a lot more opportunities and leave"

Quite.

I don't recall being given time off to go gallivanting around Africa during my time in the RN.

laurie53 19:05 09 Nov 2008

Beg to disagree.

I was forever having to make up the hours of guys doing the Ten Tors, sail for the RAF, practicing for the bobsleigh team, going to Bisley, going up mountains in Nepal and down rivers in South America.

The opportunities are there for all, some just get more publicity than others.

Clapton is God 19:08 09 Nov 2008

"Beg to disagree"

Uh?? So you recall ME being given time off when I was in the RN do you?

laurie53 19:15 09 Nov 2008

Sorry. It was a general disagreement with the sentiment, not just you!

€dstowe 06:27 10 Nov 2008

We need some perspective on this - how about:

"it was revealed that five helicopter flights made by Prince William while training with the RAF cost more than £50,000.

The flights - which included journeys to a stag party and a trip to the family home of his girlfriend, Kate Middleton - have been criticised as an alleged abuse of military training."

From click here

They've obviously got their priorities right - treating us all as mugs, like the rest of their parasitic family.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:57 10 Nov 2008

'I actually think it was a good idea to let William fly to his girlfriend's. It was not a flight that other trainees could have given him advance tips about, it meant landing in an area not intended as a helipad and it meant doing it in front of his girlfriend and her family'...you did mean this as a humorous aside, didn't you?

Personally I would choose my advisors a little more carefully than has been done so far. If he has advisors they seem to be stunningly witless.

G

interzone55 12:46 10 Nov 2008

A neighbour's lad is at Sandhurst at the moment, training as an army helicoptor pilot.

In the last 3 months he's spent about 3 full weeks at home, and he's been home a couple of weekends as well, perhaps this is now the norm for forces personnel on officers training...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?