"Press Here"

morddwyd 10:15 21 Jun 2010

Just another pet hate.

Packets/containers with the words "Press/tear here to open" and when you try you end up totally destroying the container, and sometimes the contents too!

Quickbeam 10:45 21 Jun 2010

I just pressed on the 'press here' subject button and got a gripe...:O

Armchair 10:51 21 Jun 2010

At least you can open them. Rather that than what happened to our soldiers at Isandlwana.

ella33 11:05 21 Jun 2010

The other one I hate is the "resealable" bit of tape on pkts, that doesn't reeal, or maybe only once!

(I love a gripe on Monday)

ella33 11:06 21 Jun 2010

sorry I meant to write "it doesn't reseal"

babybell 11:59 21 Jun 2010

Has anyone seen the new product from Dettol?

click here

It senses your hands so that you "Never touch a germy soap pump again"

But surely, the only reason you touch a hand pump is to dispense soap into your hands, which you would then wash and therefore become germ free?

Or am I missing something?

spuds 12:05 21 Jun 2010

Fully agree about some of these easy-tear options. The companies must use Geoff Capes as their chief tester.

The other thing is microwave meals that state, 'halfway through the process, open back the cover, stir then re-seal'. Have you ever tried to re-seal a microwave meal?.

ella33 12:37 21 Jun 2010

Hmmmm, green tea and ginger flavour, I didn't know that Dettol were making a nice cuppa now!

but really with all the batteries we get through now, it doesn't take a minute to wipe the soap dispenser??

Those kitchen sprays for worktops...I have never had a problem getting them to work, before now..the new design spray, whatever you try just doesn't seem to get the suction. Back to taking the top off.

Covergirl 12:47 21 Jun 2010

. . . which splits catastrophically if you so much as look at it, depositing the contents everywhere (rice, pasta etc)

Or the plastic packaging which is impossible to open with bare hands (stuff like USB keys, dongles etc).

Some of the best packaging imho is on toiet rolls or kitchen towels - run a thumbnail down between the rolls and the contents are accessible and easily unpackaged.

Kevscar1 12:57 21 Jun 2010

babybell If you touch it you are depositing the germs on the surface before you can wash your hands giving them a palce to grow.

ella33 13:01 21 Jun 2010

Still it is impossible not to touch anything b4 you wash hands...how about an automatically flush loo...oh have we had this discussion b4? Like the ones on trains maybe?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache