'Prepare for a heatwave'

peter99co 15:09 19 May 2009

The Met Office says it is too early to tell whether it will be a very hot summer this year, but the signs so far are that it will be warmer than our last two summers and conditions could well trigger its heatwave warning system.

Is this good news or should we take cover?

click here

tullie 15:15 19 May 2009

This was a forcast several weeks ago,lets see if they can get it right this year.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:17 19 May 2009

IIRC, the last timean 'astonishing heatwave'was predicted wa sabout 2 or 3 years ago...when we had all the floods. Triple meh! If it happens, it happens and there is nothing we can do about it.

G

Graphicool1 15:35 19 May 2009

I've given up on them. They have enough trouble predicting tomorrows weather. I just take it as it comes.

What is this anyway, a slow news day? I just popped over from the 'Helproom' for a change of scene. I think it's a change too far! I thought you guy's would be up to your knee's in a heavy debate on something deep and meaningful.

Forum Editor 16:09 19 May 2009

let it happen, because there's absolutely nothing you can do to influence it one way or the other.

birdface 16:13 19 May 2009

Warmer than the last two summers.You would not need to be a genius to predict that.

dukeboxhero 16:17 19 May 2009

I am reading this as the rain bounces of my windows, plus i have took a couple days of at the end of this week to go fishing , so fingers crossed

Bingalau 17:12 19 May 2009

dukeboxhero. If the weather behaves as it normally does, then it tends to be the opposite of the forecast. So you will be able to do your fishing from the window that the rain is bouncing off right now.

sunnystaines 17:39 19 May 2009

the movement of winds and high/low pressure is hard to predict for more that a couple of days.

so I put this down to wishful thinking, just hope its right.

WhiteTruckMan 18:04 19 May 2009

on standby.

WTM

Graphicool1 18:12 19 May 2009

Plus knotted Hankie, Sandles and socks too no doubt!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone