Premonitition? or built in unconious calender

jack 17:48 17 Jun 2010

Yesterday one of those thoughts welled up from nowhere as they do.
Thought ' Hmmm haven't had an electricity bill of late!

This morning E-mail included one from EDF
Time for you to send us your reading.
Strange or what?

BT 17:55 17 Jun 2010

Thought on Monday - Haven't had a win on the Premium Bonds recently.

Tuesday - 3 envelopes in the post, 2 x £25, 1 x £100

Must think it more often!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:00 17 Jun 2010

There is no such thing as 'premonition' as in a spiritual sense. People constantly think of things more often than they can recall but they only become significant when the 'premonition' actually refers to something solid.

G

jack 18:33 17 Jun 2010

Show off ;@{

Grey Goo 18:34 17 Jun 2010

I think about being on a desert Island with only Megan Fox and a few dozen Page 3 girls, but it hasn't happened yet. Probably end up with Harriet Harman and Tessa Jowell.

Þ² 18:46 17 Jun 2010

Yvette Cooper would make it a superb hat trick! :-s

peter99co 19:21 17 Jun 2010

I think I have an undelivered parcel that should have arrived on the 14th via Royal Mail. Still waiting though.

Forum Editor 19:27 17 Jun 2010

and they're right. You think about all kinds of things constantly, so it should be no surprise when something happens to provide a coincidence.

That's all it is, a coincidence, but your brain wants to make something more of it.

morddwyd 20:36 17 Jun 2010

Yes, it's funny.

I was walking down the road the other day and I thought, "It's ages since I had an ice cream" and sure enough, ten minutes later I was eating one!

jack 21:22 17 Jun 2010

But it does happen does it not.
As said all sorts of thoughts are flashing through and when something turns up that matches up you thunk........
But having said that the built in calendar aspect must have a relevance - after all EDF sent a similar E-mail earlier this year so presumably some form of clock was ticking.

jack 21:26 17 Jun 2010

Members of the mother of Parliaments- strange things go on in that house, as brought our notice from time to time.
Who knows what could happen when minds are not occupied with matters of state ;-}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone