Premier League inquiry - Lord Stevens' findings

TopCat® 15:01 15 Jun 2007

Several breaches of the rules and more are announced. TC.

click here

The Brigadier 17:23 15 Jun 2007

Name & Shame them.
But sadly it will probably be kept quiet & in-house!

Forum Editor 19:02 15 Jun 2007

I very much doubt that. There are a thousand sports journalists just itching to start typing.

The Brigadier 20:22 15 Jun 2007

Yes but look at the West Ham transfer saga, last time a club infringed the regulations they got docked points, West Ham got away with a fine, deducted points would have relegated them out of the premiership & all the big money!

Si_L 20:30 15 Jun 2007

Haha Chelsea couldn't pick worse players to get into trouble with:

Drog - seasons top goalscorer
Cech: The best keeper in the world, his injury is why they didn't win the premiership
Essien: their best player, started more games than anyone else in the premiership last season

Jak_1 21:16 15 Jun 2007

It should be rather interesting reading. I will be particularly interested to see how the ahem, new, Newcastle management team fare! A certain member of the management team there upset our club officals by breaching contract confidentiality, resulting in their club paying us extra for our now ex-loose canon :)

The Brigadier 10:58 16 Jun 2007

Oh well Bartons always ready for a fight, just like his brother serving a life sentence C/O HM Prisons!

A lepoard never changes his spots!!

Fred the flour grader 17:07 17 Jun 2007

Jak_1, I am a Newcastle fan. I don't particularly like the thought of Barton signing for us but, a friend of mine who is a Man city fan has said they will be worse off without him. I feel we have had enough bad apples in recent years, Bowyer, Bellamy and the like to name but a few. It is also a bit of a mystery to a lot of us "Toon fans" as to why we are signing trouble makers and past their best free transfers, as the club is in the middle of a takeover by a billionaire.....wierd.

As for the Quest report, I agree with The Brigadier, it will be kept "in house and mostly undercover". I disagree with the FE, as, although there are probably loads of reporters with sharp pencils waiting to let loose. If they choose to publish an article naming and shaming, that will be their career over as a sports reporter.
Sam Allardyce, recently appointed as newcastle manager will not give interviews to Match Of The Day. This week our local BBC news program, Look North, were informed he will not be giving interviews to them, as the BBC upset him with the Panorama program about bungs to agents last year. As you will no doubt be aware, football is a media driven industry so really Allardyce has the upper hand, nobody can force him to talk to certain sections of the media if he chooses not to.
Fred.

Jak_1 20:41 17 Jun 2007

Joey Barton will give you 110% on the field but is a loose cannon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?