Posters who don't react ....

onthelimit 19:44 31 May 2010

...to suggestions. I really cannot understand why someone would post a question, and then disappear off the radar for days - what is the point (apart from winding me up) - rant over!

jakimo 19:49 31 May 2010

They just like to sit back and see what happens!

morddwyd 19:58 31 May 2010

Must admit I do sometimes do it.

Not for any ulterior motive but just to see what others thoughts are on something which concerns me.

Some reactions are as expected (Why do GANDALF <|:-)> and fourm member come to mind, no offence guys!) some are not.

Either way, sometimes I post further and sometimes not.

MAT ALAN 20:23 31 May 2010

This is an OPEN forum where people can COME and GO as they PLEASE.
There should be NO PRESSURE whatso ever on those people who post questions and absolutely NONE on those who reply.
Taking into consideration the people who reply do so in their own time and for absolutely NOTHING.
If people wnat to take a few days to reply LET THEM, that my friends is human nature...

ams4127 20:38 31 May 2010

This very thing happened to me some time ago and on a different forum.

I had noticed some strange noises from my HDD and sought advice as to possible remedies. Unfortunately, before I could read the replies, the disk imploded and left me with a computer shaped brick. It took about a week or so before I was up and running again, and able to read the many kind replies to my original post.

I did reply and apologised for the delay, giving the full details at the same time. I was pardoned and the hit squad were called off at the 11th hour.

If, however, I were to ask a more general question about which software to use for some job or other, then I would reply and thank those who helped, immediately.

That's just good manners.

Quickbeam 20:50 31 May 2010

I'm thinking cello lessons here...

onthelimit 21:04 31 May 2010

I hear what you say, but I think good manners dictate that one should react (please note, no capitals!).

MAT ALAN 21:16 31 May 2010

not the case mate, and there are many on here that will say the same thing.
people will react in their own time, thats the way its always been and will continue to be so.
Everybody has a life beyond this forum, there are people who haven't replied for months, SO WHAT!!! there is nothing you can do about it, there is nothing you can say on here that will aid the speeding up of replies.
You just have to go with the flow, thats why this forum is the best at what it does...

spuds 21:22 31 May 2010

This subject as been approached many times, virtually from the beginning of the forum, nearly ten years now.

Some people say "Just human nature". Personally I think otherwise!.

al's left peg 21:23 31 May 2010

I always try and thank all the people who have helped me in the helproom over the many years I have asked for advice on here. After all, it's only right they should be appreciatted for their help.

Devil Fish 21:25 31 May 2010

this subject has been brought up in many guises before and as MAT ALAN said its always been the way

people come people go just go with the flow and enjoy what in my opinion is one of the most informative pc forums around

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?