postage due

sunnystaines 23:14 27 Sep 2010

had a card to collect a letter from the postie depot with £1.19 to pay for non postage paid. what happens to them if you do not collect.

had one a few years ago and paid up only to find it was junkmail so this one can be left to rot.

ella33 23:18 27 Sep 2010

I think it is the postcard you pay the money for. It used to be £1. I take the card to our local co-op post office and pay them, then I can collect the offending parcel/letter. Don't think I would be at all happy if it was junk! A shame you can't have a preview!

jakimo 23:32 27 Sep 2010

The letter will be returned to sender after 2 weeks,if theres no return address,it will be classed as undeliverable and most likely destroyed

Forum Editor 23:51 27 Sep 2010

In the UK all undeliverable letters are sent to the National Return Letter Centre (NRLC). This is located in a warehouse on the quay side in Belfast.

Inside, several hundred workers process 60 million items of "undeliverable" mail a year either returning many of them to their original sender or forwarding them to the correct address.

BT 09:01 28 Sep 2010

As ella33 says you can't get to look at it before you decide whether to pay the charge.

Bingalau 09:13 28 Sep 2010

All the undeliverable postcards are sent to a bloke called "Brumas", I've no idea what he does with them.

BT 12:39 28 Sep 2010

Crikey. He.must have millions of 'em considering the age of the ones he show us.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?