Post strikes and getting political.

jack 08:48 23 Feb 2006

Quite right Ed.
To put a happier note on the post delivery service
When the strike business raised its head I expressed my concern, because I had potentially a valuable item in transit from within England.- So I was re-assured to know that it was in Ulster.
I'd discussed the whats and whys with the sender- He said to me - 'Well as you got such a bargain [On E-bay] his original intention to send PO special delivery, he had downgraded to Parcel Force 48 hrs. He shipped Friday 17th so expect it Tues 21st - So on Monday I was out and about, and on arriving home found in the letterbox a card saying Parcel Force were there and an are coming back next day.
So how's that 48hr [2 working days] delivered in 24[1 day]- They must have been working overtime just for me.

wiz-king 05:48 24 Feb 2006

The firm I work for uses Parcel Force for most of its larger (over 1.5kg) deliveries and I get a list from them every week listing their service levels. It is quite rare for deliveries to take more than the specified time for the first try, of those that are late most are delayed by only one day. Not bad when you consider the number of parcels handled each day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?