Post by simonjary

The Brigadier 10:15 01 Nov 2008

I was a little surprised that this thread
click here was aloud to run as long as it did.

I found it distasteful & vulgar, but as it was post posted by a member of staff at pcadvisor it was allowed to run. It was in poor taste & after recent events on the radio should may be a little more judgement been used before posting it.

If any other forum member had posted it, would it have been allowed such a run, I don’t think so!

The Brigadier 10:16 01 Nov 2008

I found it distasteful & vulgar, but as it was posted by a member of staff at pcadvisor it was allowed to run. It was in poor taste & after recent events on the radio should may be a little more judgement been used before posting it.

If any other forum member had posted it, would it have been allowed such a run, I don’t think so!

simonjary 10:31 01 Nov 2008

Apologies if my vicar post caused offence. It was a rush of Friday afternoon excitement, and I have suspended myself without pay for 12 days.

Monoux 10:39 01 Nov 2008

Only one complaint out of how many PCA members, therefore irrelevant

Don't be such an " where the vicar put a spud "

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:40 01 Nov 2008

I knew Middle England would awake from it's crescent-dwelling flocked slumbers with the ridiculously over-blown fuss about Ross and Brand. It seems to have given them a raison d'etre for being alive, apart from listening to the janitor in God's waiting room, Terry Wogan (he of the chocolate box appeal)whose Janet and John teasing monologues are filth personified.

There is a humanitarian crisis in DR Congo; I would be more concerned about that rather than worry about my outdated Victorian values surfacing. I suppose the random mention of pooh, bum and belly button will stir Middle England even more from it's cosseted slumbers /me shakes head and starts reading about the Puritans in England.

G

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:41 01 Nov 2008

The JR and RB show only got two complaints when it was broadcast and look what a hornet's nest that stirred. ;-)

G

Monoux 10:51 01 Nov 2008

Wasn't it the Brigadier that posted recently they were happy they would remain in business so long as there are wars. More recently still that "staff" were self employed for tax reasons. Tax avoidance more like.

And who now has the affrontery to try and claim the moral high ground over an article refered to by simonjary

Glasshouses and stones spring to mind

The Brigadier 10:56 01 Nov 2008

Has this not set a precedent on what can or can not be posted in future?

sunnystaines 11:07 01 Nov 2008

the post added a bit of humour. worded tactfully so as not to offend too many.

Quickbeam 11:12 01 Nov 2008

I agree with 'sunnystaines', it was lighthearted schoolboy humour.

What JR & RB said was sewer humour... if they said that about anyone close to me they would need emergency dental treatment and 12 weeks recuperation.

sunnystaines 11:56 01 Nov 2008

the vicar is now known as "spuds"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie