Post Office closures

realist 19:13 13 Nov 2007

We in the south-east are being threatened with Post Office closures because of all the money they are losing (i.e the number of Govt/quasi- Govt franchises that have been taken away from them)....

Fair enough if that is the case, yet at this same time we are also being plagued with what must be very costly (i.e. they feature lots of celebrities) Post Office TV adverts extolling the virtues of services like "special delivery". But why do they need to advertise a service over which they hold a monopoly?

No amount of advertising, it seems to me, will make me a more frequent user the Post Office.

Very irritating.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:50 13 Nov 2007

'No amount of advertising, it seems to me, will make me a more frequent user the Post Office.'...you may assume that you are not the target of the adverts then.

G

Noldi 20:53 13 Nov 2007

In and outs of it Village life is dieing they are becoming dormitory’s for city workers and the locals still stuck there (My Mum included) must travel to the nearest town for basic supplies. When will it be seen that when we used to have local shops, local delivery men, Milkmen etc there was always people about making it more secure, Basically every body new every body in the village.
There is more to village life than making money but that is my dream of a England past.

Noldi

Si_L 00:53 14 Nov 2007

If eBay did not exist then I wouldn't have used a PO in the last 5 or so years.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?