Poppy Sales

Jak_1 20:36 12 Nov 2007

I had to hunt high and low this year to get a poppy for remberance. Even in the big supermarkets they were not on sale nor in most pubs and shops. I have not even seen them being sold on the street in town! At one time evry shop anpub had them for sale and volunteers on the streets selling them.
I was wondering just what the reason for this is, in pubs I first thought that maybe it was because in case some light fingered tealeaf would pinch te money etc but then most have a carity box of some kind.
It seems that everywhere is willing to have a charity box of some kind but for this once a year thing they are not!

Legolas 20:39 12 Nov 2007

I never seen any for sale anywhere although a report on the TV said that so many had been sold that they actually ran out.

FungusBoggieman 20:42 12 Nov 2007

no problem hear got ours in tesco
also selling in the high street shops

click here

if you want to make a donation for all those who have money to spair.

what a fantastic cause to donate to.

laurie53 20:43 12 Nov 2007

Found them as widespread as ever this year.

Brumas 20:53 12 Nov 2007

Same here.

Jak_1 20:55 12 Nov 2007

Hm, seems odd that in some areas they were on sale everywhere and in others you literaly had to hunt for one.

ray7 21:09 12 Nov 2007

Must bhave been an area problem.. here (Chester le Street) couldn't find any until Sat a.m.

Bingalau 21:38 12 Nov 2007

No problems in this area. I notice nowadays they are also selling the more elaborate ones again. I hope the people buying them are putting more money in the box, than they would for an ordinary common or garden one? I have always put a pound in for my common one and then found that a couple of days later it has vanished into thin air. So I buy another one. That also vanishes as do a few others and it's only when I notice that my grand children are all wearing them, that I know where they have gone. My wife also found a little badge type one somewhere this year so they must be selling them too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017