Poppy Day

mymate 13:24 25 Oct 2007

Does all the money you give go to help the soldiers or do they take off admin costs ?

HCOOH 13:43 25 Oct 2007

Does it matter?

mymate 14:00 25 Oct 2007

Well it does for me as i want to give more this year. Some of those Cancer charity's take 99p out of every £1.I dont mind the Poppy day organizer's taking some for admin costs ,but not if its like some of the cancer charity's that take 99p out of every £1

techie4me 14:04 25 Oct 2007

All the money goes to the Poppy Appeal.
If in doubt click here

mymate 16:20 25 Oct 2007

Thanks techie4me, i had already looked on that site and still cant see how much gets lost in admin. I think hardly any cash goes in admin cause it seems to be run by volunteers.

spuds 22:38 25 Oct 2007

I have always considered that administration and actual money spent on the cause, should be shown perrhaps percentage wise on any charity documentation.

Recently I was looking at a children's charity, and the actual money that was provided to the cause was minimal after directors wages and administration charges had been deducted. Some people having a charity box pushed at them, would have been surprised at the final outcome.

AI33 23:10 25 Oct 2007

Financial history click here

Accounts for the years 2003 to 2006 click here

namtas 09:40 26 Oct 2007

We have been down this road before, with always with the same conclusion - charity discussions have a short life - FE will lock it before close of business today.

mymate 13:38 26 Oct 2007

AI33 Thanks very much ,but i am none the wiser .

namtas Sorry didnt realize i was asking something thats not to be talked about .

And like HCOOH says does it matter how much goes in admin.

I will give them more this year as the deserve it .

Sorry FE close this now .

Clapton is God 16:48 26 Oct 2007

I work for a charity.

All charity accounts (income and expenditure) are in the public domain.

click here and put the name of the charity you're interested in into the Search box.

Having found your charity, have a look at its accounts.

Please remember that all charities, like any business, have expenses - salaries, rents, heating, lighting, electricity, upkeep of buildings, vehicles to run, etc, etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?