Pope visit restrictions.

Blackhat 17:51 19 Jul 2010

I am not a Catholic but a keen amateur photographer. This event is on my doorstep and it would make an interesting photo shoot. It will be looked back on in years to come as a historic event and will probably be quite a spectacle, so I thought about a photo record of the event. However, see details in link about how to attend.

click here

I do not qualify for press privileges so I don’t think I will get anywhere near.

As with other occasions of visiting dignitaries I would have thought that the general public might stand a chance of seeing the pope.

Even if you are Catholic, individuals cannot attend the Crofton Park public mass without being part of a pilgrim group from a local Catholic parish.

Please don’t post responses if you are just going to bash the pope visit idea. As I said I am not a Catholic but was thinking purely from a photo opportunity angle.

lotvic 18:05 19 Jul 2010

The restrictions seem to make sense from a 'crowd control' and safety angle, and it is a Mass service after all. It's like 'Songs of Praise' where you also have to apply to be in the Church for the service.

Forum Editor 19:16 19 Jul 2010

to see the Pope as he travels through the streets to the official venues. He'll be in the famous 'Popemobile', but the routes and timings haven't yet been released.

If you're not a Catholic attached to an official 'Pilgrim group' you have no chance of getting into the official venues.

Keep an eye on this for details of the street routes when they're released:- click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?