Politics and Conspiracy Theory Corner?

Mr Mistoffelees 14:11 21 Jan 2007

Is it just me, or do others think that the majority of the activity in Speakers Corner now seems to be related to the above? This is an observation rather than a complaint, I have participated in and enjoyed some of the recent heated discussions, even if my views are not always popular. Sometimes though the forum rules are being pushed to the limit.

Sethhaniel 14:13 21 Jan 2007

no its just a conspiracy ;)

Mr Mistoffelees 14:20 21 Jan 2007

:-)

hijo 14:24 21 Jan 2007

feel free to voice your oppinion "mr Mistofflees" i agree with you now i know i will get flack for this but politics = corruption.....always has & always will,there hundreds of them speakers of the house & all the other so called positions in that gaff,i see no reason to have that many working there earning silly money,but getting back to your post its a whole conspiracy..no doubt there...
H

lisa02 14:32 21 Jan 2007

sssshhhh they might hear you.

Forum Editor 15:20 21 Jan 2007

From time to time we get new members who like to post that kind of thing. They don't just do it here - they're almost always active on other forums as well. We routinely monitor many other forums, and we see the same people posting the same kind of content.

It's harmless enough, and the world needs people who enquire into things - even if sometimes they're bordering on being paranoid.

Kate B 18:58 21 Jan 2007

That's a very good point, fourm member. There are zillions of studies produced every week bigging up one claim or another, but you're right, you need to look at who's behind such research and who funds the research body.

Forum Editor 19:21 22 Jan 2007

I wasn't referring to research bodies. By 'people' I meant individuals, people who simply want to enquire, and inquire, if it suits them. What I was keen to point out is that we're not going to stop people posting, simply because their contributions might seem to some of us to be slightly paranoid. I would hate to have a kind of sanitised forum, where every topic and every post has been seriously preconsidered and all opinions properly backed up by attributable research data. Sometimes it's a good thing not to take ourselves so seriously that we risk alienating our audience entirely. A well-moderated eclectic mix is what we're aiming for here.

I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:11 22 Jan 2007

'I believe Elvis is still alive and nothing any of you can say will change my mind'

But of course he is, he is living in a bedsit in Worksop. Must be true, I watched a video on YouTube. :-)

wolfie3000 00:48 23 Jan 2007

No he lives in San Andreas :)

click here

wee eddie 09:45 23 Jan 2007

In my early 20's I used to disagree with almost everything on a matter of Principal.

In my late 20's I was too stoned to care.

In my early 30's I felt that I was part of the Counter Culture.

Then I started my own business and all that malarkey stopped.

25 years on and I'm heading toward Victor Meldrew.

Politics, like Statistics, depends on your point of view, as do Politicians. Personally I think that they're all out to get me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?