Political Leadership

morddwyd 06:22 28 Dec 2009

Cameron is reportedly wooing the Liberals for support in the event of a hung parliament.

click here

With Brown one of the most unpopular prime ministers I can remember, even within his own party, the fact that a hung parliament is even a remote prospect doesn't say much for Cameron's leadership or confidence.

He should be contemplating a landslide, not a coalition.

Quickbeam 06:40 28 Dec 2009

Kinnock took a landslide for granted, and look what happened to him.

crosstrainer 07:09 28 Dec 2009

Too many people remember the Thatcher years. I strongly believe a hung parliament is a distinct possibility.

Cameron lacks substance. This will not be a landslide result.

morddwyd 08:57 28 Dec 2009

"Cameron lacks substance."

Couldn't agree more - he makes Major look like a dynamic force!

bri-an 09:25 28 Dec 2009

Yes, the present crop of Tory politicians are nothing if not 'grey'. George looks and sounds as if he's still at school!
At least, from most posts on here, GB gives people something to get heated about (notwithstanding it's generally dislike!).
As has been said, could be a closer election than it appeared.

Forum Editor 09:59 28 Dec 2009

for revelations and scandals - they'll surface, once the media machine gets into election mode.

Politicians - if they're any good - will have studied British political history, and they'll know that as far as the electorate is concerned there's no such thing as a certainty.

Forum Editor 10:00 28 Dec 2009

"George looks and sounds as if he's still at school!"

George, who's he?

bri-an 10:33 28 Dec 2009

Exactly!!

Forum Editor 12:54 28 Dec 2009

Who is this George you refer to as looking and sounding as if he's still at school?

bri-an 13:11 28 Dec 2009

Apologies, I was surprised you hadn't picked up on my meaning the 'impending' new Chancellor of the Exchequer (post election).
That 'George' will be second-in-command, will he not?

michaelw 13:20 28 Dec 2009

I see Charles kennedy has made a few tv appearances lately, coming from obscurity. I wonder if he'll make a comeback. He's certainly more heavy-weight than Nick Cleg.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?