Political DVDs coming through a door near you!

TOPCAT® 14:28 12 Apr 2005

You may be getting a 'circular' in more ways than one, as candidates in marginal constituencies are by-passing the regular media to send voters their own campaign DVDs.

More coasters anyone? :o) TC.
click here

Kate B 14:52 12 Apr 2005

At least you can ignore them dropping through the letterbox. Yesterday evening I was playing World of Warcraft, grouped with a couple of other players slaughtering Undead Plague Eaters in a tricky corner when the doorbell went. I tucked my character in a safe corner, told the others and went to answer it ... only to find a wretched grinning suit with a big blue rosette and a clipboard standing at my doorstep. I very quickly told him that my voting intentions were not to his liking and scuttled back - fortunately my character was still alive and the rest of the group hadn't abandoned me. Electioneering can really get in the way of computer use.

picklsey 14:55 12 Apr 2005

they make good frisbies.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:57 12 Apr 2005

We ought to be thankful that we live in a country where this is allowed *cough*Zimbabwe*cough*.

G

Joe R 16:23 12 Apr 2005

TOPCAT®,

Thank you, i've been looking for something to aid my insomnia.

Kate B 17:05 12 Apr 2005

Gandalf, couldn't agree more ...

€dstowe 17:51 12 Apr 2005

In order to stop hawkers and other itinerants disturbing him, my father has a small notice permanently on his front door stating: "Nothing bought at door including religion."

At election time, he puts an addition to the notice - "and politics."

If he does get disturbed, he asks the offender if (s)he can read. Oddly, people get quite offended by that.

Totally-braindead 17:54 12 Apr 2005

What I would like to see is everyone who gets one sending them back saying something like "I was going to vote for your party but after receiving this DVD cannot vote for someone who would waste money so unwisely, sending DVDs to people when they have no idea as to whether the recipient actually has a DVD player or not, clearly if this is an example of the way you will spend my tax money should you win the next election you cannot be trusted with the countries finances therefore I'm voting for someone else".

Totally-braindead 17:56 12 Apr 2005

By the way a little thought to share for election time.
If you are part of a society that votes then do so. There may be no candidates and no measures you want to vote for… but there are certain to be ones you wish to vote against. In case of doubt, vote against. By this rule you will rarely go wrong.
If this is too blind for your taste, consult some well meaning fool (there is always one around) and ask his advice. Then vote the other way. This enables you to be a good citizen (if such is your wish) without spending an enormous amount of time on it.

Totally-braindead 17:57 12 Apr 2005

The above is meant as a joke by the way.

wiz-king 18:11 12 Apr 2005

I have allways wanted a beer-mat that is so full of hot air that it floats and rises above the table, automatically ajusting to the weight of the glass and holding it at lip(service) level.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?