As the policeman said ....

Clapton is God 17:09 06 Sep 2007

"There are some pretty stupid criminals around, but to leave your own name at the scene of the crime takes the biscuit".

click here

Pamy 17:31 06 Sep 2007

Thank goodness they like to boast about their activities. Pamy wus here

Si_L 17:43 06 Sep 2007

I guy in my tutor group at college scratched his own name into the sports hall floor once.

Forum Editor 18:38 06 Sep 2007

Don't tell him Pike!

Clapton is God 18:43 06 Sep 2007

Dad's Army??

Showing your age now, FE.

Forum Editor 18:47 06 Sep 2007

I just like the programme, and watch the reruns when I see them. It's a bit like Fawlty Towers, no matter how many times you see them they still seem to have appeal.

Clapton is God 18:51 06 Sep 2007

"It's a bit like Fawlty Towers, no matter how many times you see them they still seem to have appeal"

I agree entirely.

My 2 daughters are 20 and 17 - not even born when Fawlty Towers was first broadcast in 1975.

We always sit down together to watch (and laugh out loud again) at any re-runs.

wolfie3000 20:22 06 Sep 2007

"Whistle while you work, Hitler is a berk, hes half barmy soes his army,"

Yep loved that episode too. :)

As for the mensa candidate in the story all i can say is i think hes sniffed the marker to much.

Monoux 21:12 06 Sep 2007

"Apart from writing his own name in black marker pen at the Toc H centre in Adlington, Cheshire,"

I seem to recal an expression "as dim as a Toc H lamp"

Seems an appropriate location was used

QuizMan 21:39 06 Sep 2007

As a former bank manager who suffered more than his fair share of armed raids at his branches, I can recall one stupid incident. I must say that armed raids are normally thoroughly frightening affairs, but on this occasion, the robber came in wearing a scarf around his face plus dark glasses and joined the back of the queue. The boys in blue were well on their way by the time he got to the front.

Having said that, the first one on the scene was a WPC on a push bike - not quite the Sweeney, eh?

mrwoowoo 23:53 06 Sep 2007

"mensa candidate".He wouldn't even qualify for Densa (O:!
Who needs a national d.n.a data base with criminals like this around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone