police critics

karmgord 22:38 17 Jul 2009

I can be one of the first to criticize police wrong doing, but equally i like to be first to praise the good ones (see link below)

click here

Would you would be so brave?

OTT_Buzzard 10:26 18 Jul 2009

I have to admit, if someone just pulled a gun and shot at me, running after them would be the last thing on my mind!

spuds 11:21 18 Jul 2009

Its surprising how many emergency service people and members of the public put their 'lifes on line' on perhaps a daily issue, and get no favours or rewards after the event.

Human nature is a very funny thing when sudden incidents occur, and 'the last thing on my mind' usually never comes into the scenerio. Its the after event that brings the shock and alarm, and 'did I really do that!'. You also usually at that stage, that the 'you should have never done that' comment comes into the investigation, which can leave a person with a slightly guilty complex, especially if its against the establishments health and safety guidelines.

Only recently we have heard about PCSO refusing to aid a drowning person, or police officers stopping the public from becoming involved with rescues of victims in house fires. The list is endless, but this only becomes 'public aware' when the media publishes these facts.

Who knows, perhaps you might be the next 'hero' or the 'idiot' for attempting to resolve an immediate and perhaps life saving or death issue!.

spuds 11:23 18 Jul 2009

Whoops error- " You also usually 'find' at that stage"...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?