PM David Cameron defends letter to Islamic leaders

Algerian peter ™ 16:20 19 Jan 2015

Very suprised this has not been raised, especially from a certain member. This is something I suggested 6 months ago, in a similar vain, to try and stem the flow of British Muslims being radicalised in this and foreign countries.

"One of the approaches must be from within this country, if we want to stop large scale exodus of young Muslims. It is of no use that the large contingent of British Muslims shake there heads and say they are loyal to this country. They must stand up and fight against these radical Imams. They should inform the authorities, cast out of there comunities and drive them from these shores.

If you stop or slow down the radical preaching from within, you have a chance of reducing the number of home grown terrorists in this country.

It is time that all Muslim elders stand up and shout. This is not right. This is not the teachings of the Koran."

from

click here you think the letter is the correct thing to do?

Do

john bunyan 20:11 19 Jan 2015

Most UK Muslims are hard working, good citizens. However there is a minority of disaffected youth who see "Jihad" as a good thing to do. Clearly the majority must be very worried that this group bring "islamaphobia" closer and it is in their, and the country's interest do all in their power to try to combat the "hate preachers" . The USA seem, somehow, to have achieved the trick of immigrants becoming proud Americans better than we have. We need to encourage all our hard working Muslim friends to be proud to be British and to help root out the few malcontents. I cannot see why such a letter is a problem - I wish that the top Imams could get together and speak louder on this thorny issue. I go further and wish that there were many more Muslims in our Police and Armed Forces.

Aitchbee 21:47 19 Jan 2015

I cannot see anything 'untoward' regarding the Pickles' letter. I often receive letters beginning " It has been brought to our attention ... " from the Local Council advising me on matters which do not concern me personally [ like dog-fouling etc.] and I can quite understand that a 'blanket intervention' of this kind [like the Pickles' one] can only be a good thing, I reckon.

LastChip 00:54 20 Jan 2015

It's not before time. If the government can't stand up and say it's wrong, then who can?

I've personally met and occasionally worked on contract for Muslim people and found the ones I met, caring, thoughtful, family orientated people. Actually, a delight to be with.

I don't believe for a moment, the vast majority want this savage action to continue and the only way to stop it, is stand up and say; "No, this is wrong".

I really can't see what the fuss is all about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone