I don't know if this is true or one of those old wives' tales? Just got to me in an e-mail.
This may be how Sheryl Crow got breast cancer. She was on the Ellen show and she said this same exact thing as below.
So please be very careful ladies.
Women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car. The doctor said that the heat and the plastic of the bottle have certain chemicals that can lead to breast cancer.
So please be careful and do not drink that water bottle that has been left in a car and pass this on to all the women in your life. This information is the kind we need to know and be aware and just might save us!!!!
The heat causes toxins from the plastic to leak into the water and they have found these toxins in cancerous breast tissue. Use a stainless steel Canteen or a glass bottle when you can!!!
Some of the plasticiser will leach into the water but not at any great level, you could be more at risk from bugs growing in the water. Plastic bottles cannot easily be cleaned out so you should not reuse them too often if you drink from the neck of the bottle. Your germs are more dangerous than the minute amount of plasticiser.