Planet Earth

tommy vercetti 12:06 06 Mar 2006

Anyone see the new BBC doc last night?

i missed most of it just wondered what people thought.

watchful 12:08 06 Mar 2006

Taped it and going to watch it this afternoon.

Will report back later.

rmcqua 12:22 06 Mar 2006

Absolutely excellent. Some great new wildlife photographic techniques enabling previously unphotograpahble actions (like a pack of African hunting dogs, hunting) to be filmed in detail from a helicopter at sufficient distance not to spook them.
Wonderful.

VNAM75 13:10 06 Mar 2006

Brilliant. Describing it doesn't do it justice. It made me want to go out and buy a DVD recorder to record next weeks.

jaritch 13:13 06 Mar 2006

Missed it last night but good old Telewest Teleport replay allowed me to see it this morning. Echo the thoughts so far... excellent stuff, especially the Great White Sharks enjoying a bit of "seal".

J B 13:57 06 Mar 2006

There's only one word to describe Planet Earth and that is..... wait for it..... Brilliant

watchful 15:00 06 Mar 2006

Awesome. The Emporer Penguins impress me the most. Imagine shuffling for miles and miles with an egg on your feet, no food or water for months, in sub-zero temperatures! What powers of survival.
Against the great forces of nature, which we can do little to avert, all these animals and birds manage to survive.
We may have the brain power but they've got the stamina.
Truly beautiful to look at as well.

anskyber 15:22 06 Mar 2006

Truely brilliant stuff that the BBC with others produce once in a while. If you have not seen it yet it is repeated on Saturdays. Watch out for the Great White shark scene.

amonra 16:20 06 Mar 2006

WOW ! How long did they have to wait for that white shark shot ? Especially as it was in slow-motion, absolutely fantastic. Worth every penny of my licence fee.

keith-236134 19:27 06 Mar 2006

Hey, how intelligent were those dogs, amazing. Wonder if they helped that baby elephant find the right way to go....i would have.

watchful 19:52 06 Mar 2006

It's sad to watch sometimes but when we (men)intervene, it upsets the natural balance and, look at it this way, the elephant would provide a meal for some other hungry family.
Such incidents will be happening all the time where we don't normally see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?