A pity that your site is impossibly slow

alistairy 13:46 27 May 2014

Your newsletters are a great source of information. Unfortunately youe site has for some reason become ridiculously slow and therefore inaccessible. It has taken me about 15 minutes to reach the point where I am able to write this. Every other site that I visit reacts normally. Something has happened. I probably will never see your reply because it is such a pain waiting.

onthelimit1 13:50 27 May 2014

No problem for me on Chrome.

spuds 13:56 27 May 2014

This website appears to be working well today, with either Google Chrome or Firefox.

Perhaps installing an Ad-blocker, if you haven't already done so, might help?.

alistairy 14:08 27 May 2014

I am using IE 9

alistairy 14:38 27 May 2014

Have installed an ad blocker without noticeable improvement. Will have to try Firefox but it is odd that this is the only site behaving like this and it is only in the last few months.

alistairy 15:01 27 May 2014

Have installed Firefox and everything is working as it should. Weird that there is a problem with IE9. Thanks for the replies.

carver 15:17 27 May 2014

No problem with site today in fact compared to previous times it's remarkably fast and that's on IE and Chrome

wee eddie 15:33 27 May 2014

alistairy: you're lucky to have the choice. This site is like Heroin and I'm heavily addicted. Even when it's hideously slow, there is no getting away!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:45 27 May 2014

wee eddie

Bit like the Hotel California - "You can check out but yo can never leave"

:0)

cream. 19:01 27 May 2014

alistairy

Click F 12 (F12) button on your keyboard (so you have Developer Tools little window on your screen)

click 'Disable' tab,

select 'Script' subtab

• click F12 to disappear Developer Tools window.

You are secure - no scripts, and no ads,

Trouble is that disables scripts from all sites.

Best to load chrome browser and you can select which website to block java script and pictures.

alistairy 23:17 27 May 2014

Thanks for all your replies. Using Firefox solves everything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone