Pick the bones out of this one then!

peter99co 16:54 30 Mar 2011

click here

Who's side are you on?

Are you part of the cultural change the minister is looking for, or aren't you just part of the problem?"

I like that :0)

peter99co 16:56 30 Mar 2011

Mr Watmore,is permanent secretary at the Cabinet Office.

One of the backroom boys!

SparkyJack 17:38 30 Mar 2011

of a complex nature- not only government - that caused cost/budget overruns and general failure is the largely because having specified the original
scheme- time and technology moves on and the client wants to move the goal posts to keep up.
Thus a never ending loop of overspend and zilch result.
Best to stick to original concept - get it working then write it down for a period and be drawing up Mk2 taking in the current technology available at that time.

Forum Editor 17:49 30 Mar 2011

published by the Cabinet Office, it vowed to move to "smaller more manageable projects" and said no scheme will cost more than £100m."

I wonder just how many such "smaller more manageable projects" the Cabinet Office has in mind - how much IT do we still need, for goodness sake?

£100 million might be 'small' from the Cabinet Office's point of view, but in reality it's a huge sum, and multiplied a few times - as the word projects implies it will be - it will soon be half a billion. I know a thing or two about IT projects -although not of that size - and I'm wondering how, after all the hundreds of millions that have already been spent, the government needs all this extra IT.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?