Phone Voting for Britains Got Talent

Monoux 11:23 16 Jun 2007

I don't understand why the time allowed for the public to vote is so limited

I know recently there has been a lot of controversy about phone ins but surely the 10 to 15 minutes allowed in this instance is too short, after all some of the money ( I think 10p from each call ) goes to the variety club who seem to do good work so the short time available will not produce so much for them.

Also I had to redial 7 or 8 eight times to get through to vote ( for Pavvi of course ) and I’m sure a lot of people would not persist and after a couple of engaged tones give up.
The pattern seems to be different from others which have the show then come back later for the results.

I’m just wondering why this one is so different

wee eddie 11:41 16 Jun 2007

It's to reduce the possibility of contestants rigging the phone ins.

Bingalau 11:45 16 Jun 2007

Probably so that the judges can have more say themselves. Look at the rubbish they voted through last night, a gang of head-bangers, very fit head-bangers but that's what they are. I suppose they want a bit of variety in the show's final, but I thought the Baton Twirler was a much better turn than the ones chosen.

Forum Editor 13:08 16 Jun 2007

was one of the best acts in the competition.

The baton twirler was a just a baton twirler, once you remove all the emotional stuff about his personal story.

Jackcoms 13:34 16 Jun 2007

How much voting time do you need?

Surely, if additional voting time was added this would only serve to make an already long and tedious programme even longer.

It seems to me that the main reason to watch this programme is to admire Amanda Holden, who is an extremely comely wench.

pavvi 13:34 16 Jun 2007

on sunday there is an hour to vote for acts in the final. That will be the longest hour in my life! Thanks again to everyone for all your support. If you read anything in the press about all the acts being rivals and all out against each other, we have watched every night in the hotel bar together and cheer each act on as they enter. We are all one team supporting each other.

Joe R 13:37 16 Jun 2007

Personally I would ban phone voting altogether, as to me it seems to be either an, area vote, and/or sympathy votes that decide the winners of these types of shows.

Also what qualifications do the judges of these types of shows have, i.e. Piers Morgan and Amanda Holden.?

As an aside, surely pavvi, must win this show.

Forum Editor 13:38 16 Jun 2007

and in ours, pavvi.

Our collective fingers will be well and truly crossed, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I think you thoroughly deserve to win this competition.

The best of luck for Sunday - all of us at PCA and here in the forum will be cheering you on.

Joe R 13:40 16 Jun 2007

pavvi,

did not know you were online just now, as I was typing my posting when yours went in.

Good luck, and may you have every success in the future, as your talent is immense. ( guaranteed, I am most sure )

spuds 13:41 16 Jun 2007

I noticed that a verbal warning went out the other evening, that when the voting time limit had closed, you would still be connected and charged but your vote would be void. Ant and Dec were aware that people were having problems getting through to cast a registered vote!.

Reading in yesterdays media, there still seems to be a serious problem regarding the funds raised with phone call-in. Big profits for the companies, but little for the sponsored charities.

spuds 13:57 16 Jun 2007

Sincere wishes and good luck, most people that I have spoken to over these past few days are all rooting for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?