Petty Victory - well it made me smile!

Jollyjohn 12:09 21 Jul 2012

One of these scam phone calls from a technical dept. telling me I have lots of bugs on my computer.

I reduced the man to swearing at me and telling me I was joking. As he spent several minutes trying to get me to open "All Programs"

I then politely informed him I am using Linux and he hung up!

caccy 12:23 21 Jul 2012

Depending on my mood at the time I will tell them that I can see their computer and that they have lots of problems. These I can fix at a price. Because this does not seem to be a stock answer the conversation quickly turns into a farce and ends up with them ringing off.

rdave13 12:24 21 Jul 2012

It can be a nasty scam if someone is caught out. They crack me up, though, as I can't keep the laughter out of my voice as I try to string them along. They soon hang up.

KRONOS the First 12:40 21 Jul 2012

I have never had one of these calls and I feel so left out. I used to have a bit of fun with a couple of email scams but seem I to less get of them these days.

spuds 22:22 21 Jul 2012

I have never had one of those "your computers full of bugs" phone calls, but plenty of cold calls for most of the rest 'claims', that can get very annoying.

Chegs ®™ 04:21 23 Jul 2012

I used to get upto 7 calls a day from the same double glazing company which initially I found annoying(I'm a tenant) but eventually had some fun with.My favourite was asking why under an hour ago Janet had offered me new windows in the whole house for less than they were asking for one window and chuckling when I could hear snatches of the conversation in the "office" whilst they hunted Janet.My present pet hate is when the caller is obviously in a crowded office/call-centre and I can barely hear a word the caller says due to all the racket in the rest of the room(I'm awaiting the outcome from an ambulance chaser dealing with my compensation claim)Fortunately,my home phone hardly ever rings these days(boohoo,nobody loves me)and I'm loath to discover if the telephone is faulty,or truly,nobody loves me. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?