Petrol Price rises

ulrich 11:26 03 Mar 2007

I live in Hertfordshire and the petrol station nest door to Tesco put its prices up 3p on thursday. I got my petrol from Tesco as I have done for the last few years. They do not seem to have had a problem.

Kate B 11:35 03 Mar 2007

Oil prices are rising click here ergo, petrol prices are going to rise.

spuds 12:31 03 Mar 2007

You may find that some independents, will put up prices after the recent Tesco/Morrison scare. I noticed my local Tesco filling station was not as busy as usual, and more car owners appeared to be using the more expensive BP station nearby.

Bingalau 12:35 03 Mar 2007

I'm sure I read somewhere last week that oil prices were coming down.

Cymro. 13:05 03 Mar 2007

I suppose the small petrol retailer is trying to take advantage of the supermarkets problems.

I don`t like it, but then I can`t blame them. I dare say that the supermarkets would do the same given the chance.

Kate B 13:57 03 Mar 2007

Bingalau, look at the graph on the page I linked to. Oil is rising. And also click here

Bingalau 16:10 03 Mar 2007

Kate B. Must have been the middle of Feb. when I read it then?

Stuartli 17:44 03 Mar 2007

I'm curious as to why the result of contaminated petrol in one area of the country means that prices are likely to rise elsewhere, according to today's news, by about 2p a litre...:-)

ulrich 18:12 03 Mar 2007

I do not think Tesco or Morrisons will put there prices up.

Kate B 18:51 03 Mar 2007

The oil price can be quite volatile - it's dependent on all sorts of things, including confidence in economies and markets, the state of the Middle East and above all, on how Opec is controlling supply.

Al94 19:01 03 Mar 2007

really? I think this is a simple equation, increased demand to replace dodgy fuel = opportunity to hike the price to increase profit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?