Petition the Prime Minister online

Sapins 16:10 12 Feb 2007

Just discovered this site, maybe there are more people interested in taking part. click here

lixdexik 16:24 12 Feb 2007

L

spuds 17:02 12 Feb 2007

Was it not the Transport Secretary Douglas Alexander, who stated very recently, that he won't be deterred from any road pricing even though over a million people have now signed an online petition against it.

That speaks for itself in my eyes, sign the petition then get ignored by one of the people who suppose to be listening to you.

Totally-braindead 17:19 12 Feb 2007

I've started a petition to ask the PM to bring pressure to bear on Microsoft to reduce its prices on Vista as we are getting really ripped off.
I don't know if this was a good idea or a stupid idea but I thought it was worth a try.
I'm waiting for word back that the petition is acceptable and if it is then once I've got word that it is online I will post a thread to it in Speakers Corner.

Weskit 18:27 12 Feb 2007

All a waste of time, "they" may possibly listen and then carry on regardless.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:08 12 Feb 2007

It heartens me (and teh Government, no doubt) that so many people can be so easily mollified into believing that they are making a difference.

G

Totally-braindead 19:20 12 Feb 2007

Weskit and GANDALF <|:-)> I concede the point.

Its a poor idea, unlikely to change anything and theres no point in even trying. OK

Curio 19:53 12 Feb 2007

Knowing it was pointless, but signed anyway.

Stuartli 19:54 12 Feb 2007

Totally-braindead, I would normally agree with you, but the petition regarding road pricing has more than a million online signatures already and they are being added at the rate of about one a second.

As a result some pressure has already been made to bear on arrogant Ministers as this link indicates:

click here

Sapins 20:19 12 Feb 2007

If you don't vote they'll not take note. Well, it's as good as some I've seen:-)

chocolate cake 22:18 12 Feb 2007

Rad in the telegraph today that the PM intends e-mailing all the signatories of the petition to explain why they are planning this tax.

Now I don't know about you but I can't honestly see me reaching 100 years and getting that telegram from the Queen so an email from the PM is about as near as I'll get. I've signed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?