Petition against ID Cards 12,000 signed already

zimzala 18:48 15 Jan 2007

Hi,
Here's the petition link if you agree with the info on what implications the ID Card could bring... visit click here defyid.org.uk

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:05 15 Jan 2007

11,593 out of 58,000,000 and only a month left. Pretty good going eh?

G

Mr Mistoffelees 19:08 15 Jan 2007

I looked at the first website you link to. Paranoid anarchists do not get my support.

zimzala 19:18 15 Jan 2007

Gandalf your point is?? Maybe you might be bothered when it hits your pocket..

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:18 15 Jan 2007

The link is click here and there is a huge amount of utter paranoia and comedy golds.....'let those who want to be included on the DNA database be recorded. Let those who don't want to be recorded remain off it'...hey no kid Sherlock, so that'll be the criminals that stay off it. Pure Comedy Gold

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:22 15 Jan 2007

'Gandalf your point is??'...I thought it was obvious but for you and the No2ID loons...it means 57,988,000 don't give a pigs' burp and therefore the 'roll on ID cards' brigade have had a stunning victory.

'Maybe you might be bothered when it hits your pocket.'...nope, security and getting tough on DSS scammers are worth the price.

G

Mr Mistoffelees 19:25 15 Jan 2007

"getting tough on DSS scammers are worth the price."

That will save honest tax payers many millions every year, which alone will recoup a significant proportion of the cost.

IClaudio 19:26 15 Jan 2007

I'm glad that the government is keeping a 'huge database' all about me, it'll help me remember my details when I have a memory lapse...

As GANDALF <|:-)> says, the people that the ID card system is supposed to keep track of will go along their merry way, ignoring it, just as they do car insurance, car road tax, passports and all the other irksome necessities of life.

'Up to a £2,500 fine'? Get real...

zimzala 19:28 15 Jan 2007

Gandalf it isn't that people don't care about the ID Card, it's that they don't understand the implications of it, only having only one point of view put across... all you have to do is go the the Parliment site and look at the ID Card bill,, if you read it properly that will just give a slight idea about what it entails..

An informed mind isn't a closed one...

Mr Mistoffelees 19:33 15 Jan 2007

"fifty different sorts of information to be held on each individual"

Go to your local health centre or your local council offices or the local tax office, see how much information they hold about you. Government agencies can already access all this and more, so can organised criminals.

Get real, paranoid anarchists.

zimzala 19:39 15 Jan 2007

Paranoid and a loon..emmm it's just info whats your problem... forum = discussion,, I understand that some people on here don't belive in Freedom of Speech, but surley they can't disagree with a discussion?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone