Peering at pub punters isn't proper

carver 14:16 14 Mar 2009

I haven't had a drink in a London pub ever since my brother moved from his pub there to another one in North Yorkshire 10 -12 years ago, but today I read about this click here

It goes on to say that they have been trying to make CCTV a condition of licensing.

Don't get me wrong it's just that theres not many pubs in my area that have it apart from focusing on the parking area.

One part that did amuse me about stop and search was this bit about some one called Mark Thomas,
in which two policemen stopped him on the grounds that he "looked over-confident"

It reminded me of an old Monty Python sketch.

wee eddie 16:02 14 Mar 2009

Where they demand that the Cameras be placed.

Many/Most Pubs have a CCTV Camera focused on each Till as a normal Security precaution.

If the Met only want to cover the outside, those entering and leaving the Pub, I can see no problem, after all, in certain Pubs that is where the most fights occur.

If, however, they wish to observe the inside of the Pub, I think that I should have objections.

DANZIG 16:36 14 Mar 2009

Isn't the pub trade knackered enough without this loony idea???

laurie53 19:51 14 Mar 2009

This sounds a bit like the Met wanting to get CCTV on the cheap.

If they wish to cover the environs of a pub they can put their cameras on lamp posts and things and pay the cost themselves.

If they wish to routinely see the pub's own CCTV footage that is a matter for the Data Commissioner.

If they wish to have cameras operating inside the pub purely for their own use that must surely be wrong.

Come back, George Orwell, your book needs updating!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?