PCA Subscription taken from my Account

wee eddie 13:54 12 Jun 2017

My next year's PCA Subscription was taken from my Account on the 5th May 2017 ~ that is after the Magazine, PC Advisor, had ceased to exist.

I have just made a telephone call to PC Pro, to cancel my subscription. The call time exceeded 20 minutes because I asked for the call to be escalated to a Line Manager (having the unlikely name of Warren) to get the whole subscription returned, as the operator was only authorised to refund a partial Subscription.

This, he promised, would be within 14 working days (that's 20 days to you or I). He refused to refund the cost of the call.

I am satisfied, although I believe that IDG could have handled it better

geoff96 14:00 12 Jun 2017

I have in the past had similar problems with PC Advisor and Mac World subscriptions.

That is why I do not subscribe to any magazine even though I tend to buy around 4 a month through a newsagent.

Forum Editor 14:26 12 Jun 2017

I'm not sure why you frelt the need to post yet another thread on this subject, but thank you for sharing your experience concerning your contact with PC Pro. Just so we're clear - PC Pro and PCadvisor are both parts of completely different organisations. PC Advisor was part of IDG, and PCPro is part of the Dennis publising company.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires