The PCA Poll...

VoG II 23:14 15 Aug 2005

... which generally is wonderful although I have sometimes made criticisms over the choices (nobody's perfect) [see, even that is open to misinterpretation]). They can be, how can I put it, a tad boring.

What about, Dear FE, letting the motley masses assembled on this wonderful forum set the odd question. Not all of them of course as PCA must have serious objectives in seeking opinions to the ones that it sets.

Maybe a monthly competition? There would have to be rules of course but could it form a little bit of light relief for members on their day off?

Dan the Doctus 23:29 15 Aug 2005

Funnily enough, I do intend to install a home Wi-Fi network in the next 6 months, and have voted accordingly. What some members may find interesting others will find boring, there's no getting away from it. A lot of polls I have found uninteresting (since they don't relate to me), but not this one.

Happy Soul 00:13 16 Aug 2005

One I'd find interesting.

BIOS.

I have flashed my BIOS.

I have not flashed my BIOS.

What is flashing BIOS.

IF it ain't broke.

pavvi 00:27 16 Aug 2005

what is flashing bios?

Forum Editor 01:24 16 Aug 2005

but I fail to see the 'light relief' element here - what subjects do you envisage being featured?

The polls are on the site to help us with the magazine - as you must have noticed we use the feedback in our articles. Each month we need to know what choices people might make in a given set of circumstances.

Obviously not all the subjects will be of interest to all the people all the time, we know that. To be really honest I don't have the time to organise/administer a monthly competition, and in any case I believe such a scheme would fail - there would be disputes "Why him/her and not me?" for one, and after an initial wave of interest I think suggestions would run out.

By all means make suggestions for my monthly magazine articles though - now that really would be helpful. I'm always after ideas - particularly anything that involves topical computer consumer 'issues' of the day. Write to me with suggestions, and if I pick your subject we'll run a poll, and give you a mention in print.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?