PCA: Innovative?

spikeychris 12:50 20 Feb 2006

I have just been working on a laptop that had the dreaded line syndrome. It had numerous, running vertically down the screen of all different colours. I removed the screen and placed half of the front cover from a PCA magazine in front of the wiring strips, replaced the screen and the Lines have gone.

Bit Blue Peter but it’s done the job.

Forum Editor 13:08 20 Feb 2006

for another pill Chris.

rmcqua 13:09 20 Feb 2006

Just wait until the summer or it gets used in a humid environment, the PCA "insulator" absorbs moisture, and you should have quite a kaleidescope of lines!

spikeychris 13:44 20 Feb 2006

I live in Lancashire, I read a history book once that claimed we have had a summer but no one believes it.

FE, matron isn't due for another few hours so I could end up wallpapering my monitors from the outside.

rmcqua 13:52 20 Feb 2006

spikeychris
I know what you mean. I was born/went to school in Morecambe and university in Salford. My parents used to tell me they had a summer in 1959, but I was too small to remember.

spikeychris 13:58 20 Feb 2006

I’ve spent quite a lot of time in Morecambe at the platform. Place has come on a lot recently, its worth a visit if just to see the statue of Eric Morecambe on the front.

Chegs ®™ 17:52 20 Feb 2006

I happen to live 22 miles from the officially wettest place in Britain,what does a Sun look like?

(and no I dont want any smart quips about Page 3,etc) :-)

Forum Editor 18:05 20 Feb 2006

Don't complain, things could be a lot worse.
The wettest year ever recorded occurred in the town of Cherrapunji, in northeastern India, in 1861. That year annual rainfall reached 26 metres. The town routinely records over 10 metres of rainfall in a year.

I'm currently negotiating for the umbrella concession there.

jack 20:04 20 Feb 2006

Now we moved have onto weather - I some times think I live on another planet tohe folk near by.
Last Tuesday for example I walked round the corner to see my chum and he and his missus commented on the hailstorm that pounded the town centre that afternoon.
Now we live about 3/4 of mile out of town on top on a ridge - overlooking the Thames - blue sky - all afternoon - not a splash - and this frequently happens the town gets a soaking or ankle deep in snow and us up here nowt. But it is always a degree or two colder than down there.

rmcqua 20:54 20 Feb 2006

I live on the Isle of Wight and we have a microclimate that we keep very quiet about!

watchful 07:43 21 Feb 2006

that our weather is innovative. It surprises us every day with a different climate :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?