PCA Forum, what a fantastic site.

pj123 16:42 16 Jun 2008

Two threads asking for help posted today 16th and both resolved within minutes.

Thank you all.

Forum Editor 18:25 16 Jun 2008

but it is pretty impressive, the speed with which some of these requests for help are resolved. After so many years it's really good to be reminded of how helpful some of our forum members can be, so on their behalf - thank you for thanking them.

anskyber 18:38 16 Jun 2008

I find that the site is a good test of compulsive/obsessive behaviour. I fail.

birdface 18:41 16 Jun 2008

Your right ,A great Forum, I have had lots of help on here.It was a bit hit and miss trying to repair things before I found this Forum and always seemed to have problems.If I had to pick the best help I would say getting the proper Security advice was the best.But have had help with a multitude of different problems and the only problem that they could not help with was when I could not get my Computer to start and had to reformat as I never had another computer to get advice from.But it was my fault I have always been told to back up my computer programs with Arcronis.But never did.

SB23 18:44 16 Jun 2008

You're not alone.

I find myself here alot, even if I don't have a problem, I'm here to see If I can help anyone else.
When I'm working on something, I still have PCA minimized in the corner, maybe someone could come up with a name for our "condition", lol!

Steve

big bloke66 18:49 16 Jun 2008

How about pcaitis

big bloke66 18:52 16 Jun 2008

PCA itis. no it still doesn`t make sense...:-(

Forum Editor 19:13 16 Jun 2008

Compulsive Forum Use Disorder

And unfortunately there is at present no known cure. The condition can be treated palliatively by offering placebo software. The patient installs and uses a dummy forum; it isn't online, but provides simulated forum scenarios, such as arguments about personally offensive comment, and threads about musical tastes that go on for months.

Response to such treatment varies, but there is data to indicate that most patients show some degree of improvement over several months. Unfortunately there's evidence to suggest that relapse rate is high, and for most sufferers the prognosis is not good.

SB23 19:17 16 Jun 2008

Can you break the news to the wife for me?

mrwoowoo 19:29 16 Jun 2008

My wifes got the perfect cure for my PCAitus.
"Don't you think you've been on there long enough".
I usually have.

Earthsea 19:32 16 Jun 2008

I managed to go 18 months without using this forum, but relapsed when I had a sneaky peaky for old times sake and noticed Speakers' Corner had changed to allow all topics. I fear there's no hope now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?