PCA forum members vote for Telewest

Joe R 17:54 10 Mar 2006

Just received the May 2006 edition of PCA mag, and forum regulars have voted, " by some margin " that Telewest is the broadband ISP of the year.

Having Telewest broadband myself, I have no grounds to dispute this decision, but was just wondering what other forum members have to say on this subject.

Regards Joe.

Forum Editor 18:07 10 Mar 2006

They voted for Telewest "by some margin".

Diodorus Siculus 18:12 10 Mar 2006

Where was the survey?

I seem to have missed it :-(

stalion 18:42 10 Mar 2006

same here how many members did not get a vote?.

dmc727 19:57 10 Mar 2006

Is the survey fair as you need cable to get Telewest and, as I understand, it isn’t available to half the country.

big bloke66 20:49 10 Mar 2006

Excellent service.
Iam worried about the merger with ntl though
Still shant lose sleep.
bb66.

VoG II 00:51 11 Mar 2006

Yup, excellent!

I don't remember a poll though.

Devil Fish 01:16 11 Mar 2006

nope dont remember poll either but i have to agree that telewest do provide an excellent service

jack 08:47 11 Mar 2006

This result I guess could show how skewed some polls can be.
Where a cable provider is voted tops, it can only be by users of that provider, on the assumption that competing cable providers would not operate in that region, likewise a phoneline user could not presumably compare their service with cable because, becuase there is no cable service to compare.

Those that do have both cable and phone line would not have NTL and Telewest and phone line connection So who made the comparisions?
This survey I think is a stinker.

ed-0 08:56 11 Mar 2006

Did you not receive an email from PCA requesting your help? around the middle of January.

" PC ADVISOR NEEDS YOUR HELP!

We'd like to find out about your ISP (internet service provider) and your experiences of getting on to the web - the good, the bad and the shoddy. Got any set-up horror stories or tales of angelic helpdesks? Or has it all gone pretty smoothly? Share your experiences with us, and together we can make the world a better place...

For this comprehensive survey of ISPs we need your thoughts on their services, reliability and value for money. "

Did you not do the survey?

Shame on you. :-)

Diodorus Siculus 11:26 11 Mar 2006

Thanks ed-0 - been through my mail and found it - think that I may even have done it :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017