pc advisor subscription

The jonesey jj 09:09 05 Mar 2006

Dear Helen slater,
I have looked through all my copy's of PC Adviser and i can't find one slip in any of them, (the slip of paper you put in the mag with all the data you now require) i went back to my copy's dating from feb. 2004 and not once did i save the slip of paper in any of them.
I find it really frustratingly annoying that you don't recognize one of your members address who has subscribed to you for over 2 years. i have not lived anywhere else since i started the PC
Advisor subscription.
it seems that we are at a catch 22. i cant give you the subscription details because i need you to send my the magazine with the details in it! The last one i received was the December. DVD edition.
---------------------------------
This is the latest e-mail i have just sent and had no reply as yet.any-one else having problems?

Forum Editor 09:19 05 Mar 2006

Who is Helen Slater? I haven't heard of her before now.

As you are probably aware, subscriptions are managed for us by a special subscription-management company called Galleon Ltd., and you can phone them on 01795 414 835

Have you done that?

I assume that the slip of paper to which you refer is the label with your reference number on it - the one that comes in the magazine wrapper?

I'm sure that if you phone Galleon they'll sort your problem out - whatever it is. You don't say in your post.

If you still can't get satisfaction after you've phoned Galleon, post back here and I'll see if I can get some action for you.

Forum Editor 10:01 05 Mar 2006

to say that he/she will be phoning Galleon.

Apparently Helen Slater is a team leader there.

johndrew 13:29 05 Mar 2006

If this was a deliberate act caused by frustration I can fully understand it having had problems with Galleon myself. It is unfortunate that those entrusted by PCA do, from time to time, cause subscribers to want to cause them to be upset as well.

My problem was that Galleon failed to transcribe my bank details correctly and when told they were incorrect promised to correct them. They even confirmed in writing they had been corrected but when the next subscription was due it was clear this was not so as the details were still incorrect. Eventually Galleon admitted they could not correct them without my completion of a further Direct Debit mandate. This was done but the request for confirmation has been ignored.

Does PCA audit these people from time to time?

Forum Editor 13:51 05 Mar 2006

I've passed your comments to the appropriate person at the magazine end.

johndrew 15:26 05 Mar 2006

Thanks FE, I know it`s not the place to blow off steam but it is annoying.

jimb72 10:02 07 Mar 2006

Hi, i've just picked up this thread and i'm very confused. Our subscription bureau would be able to find you on the system by your name and address, they don't need your subscription number. Please drop me a not [email protected] with these and a summary of the problems that you have had and i will resolve them immediately.
kind regards Jim
Subscriptions Manager PCA

johndrew 15:48 07 Mar 2006

I have now done this. It should either confuse further (it does me) or put things in perspective.

The jonesey jj 10:42 08 Mar 2006

Thank you everyone for your input.
a phone call did more than an e-mail!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?